Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update: SHOUT! The Birth of a Fringe Dress


Green is my favourite colour.  I love to wear green, it's my 'power colour'.  I have a beautiful emerald green pashmina scarf I never leave home without.  It's a colour I feel confident in.  Finding out I got the part of The Green Girl was serendipity enough, but to find out one of her costumes is a green fringe dress!!  Oh, oh, OH!

Karen Penney, bless that doll heart of hers, one of my bestest friends, had actually asked me if she could make this dress.  We're both of the crafty influence (that's on my other blog!) and enjoy taking on creative projects together from time to time.  It's an absolute privilege to have her talented mind create this dress, and she will be receiving full credit for her work - and a pair of free tickets!


We had spent an afternoon together doing a dress-fitting for the pre-fringe dress.  The fringe itself was hard enough to find, but with some excellent customer service at Dove Originals Trims, we've manage to find exactly what we need.  Oh, it's gonna look sooooooo good! 

Update:  Well, let's just say it's gonna look good on it's own, because we've managed a backup.  It seems that the fringe material needed for the dress may not get to us in time, so Alison, our director - and the smart lady that she is - bought a white fringe dress and applied some fabric dye magic - voila!


Alison had taken this photo in her garage, while the dress was in its final stages of drying.  Check it out - the great big Shout! magazine for the set is in the background!  Karen's dress will still be used for the first act - her work won't be for nothing!  The dress at this point is ... uh, we'll say it's finished.  Just some final touches and we're set.  Can't wait to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...